Veteran Gets Psychiatric Evaluation & Guns Confiscated For Having ‘Peculiar’ Voicemail Message

2nd Amend.

NOTE: We found this interesting, and thought you should be aware, but we’re having trouble confirming the story.

From David:
My name is David A Schmecker. If possible I’d like to get my story known to as many people as possible.
To make this as brief as possible I live in
Connecticut and I’m 50 years old and I’m an honorably discharged
disabled NAVY veteran.. I don’t have a psychiatric past or a
criminal past.
Feb 5th 2013 my veterans hospital primary care doctor called my
home and heard a message on my answering machine he said sounded
peculiar and the VA contacted the local police to perform a
wellness check. The police came to my home and without any
justification whatsoever, hauled me away for a psychiatric
evaluation to a local hospital. I submitted to their forceful
insistence under duress and fear of arrest or worse.

1. Thomas Gentile

March 27, 2013 at 4:23 pm

DAVID OBAMA HAS TAKEN OVER AS THE DICTATING HITLER OF THE USA . / YOU AMERICANS WILL BE OVER RUN WITH OBAMA

2. Starbrander

March 27, 2013 at 4:44 pm

Then Let The Bloodletting Begin…….

3. The Old Man

March 27, 2013 at 5:17 pm

I wonder just what the outgoing message was.

4. Idadho

March 27, 2013 at 5:45 pm

Good ol’ Naugy cops. Small town cops looking for some action. Take it out on veterans.

5. Panam girl

March 27, 2013 at 6:16 pm

this is terrible. I am very afraid that this is going to become an everyday occurrence. I do not know what
    it will take for the people to say enough. People do not believe this is happening to veterans.

• JIM

March 29, 2013 at 9:10 pm

People that are afraid of that which they have done to others are afraid so they deny them of bennifits ect .Probably acting out of fear .Maby the officals should thy a peace offering ,Help these folks they have given their all ,for America .A repented Polititian can work wonders in a Positive setting for everyone .

6. Rick Zimmermann

March 27, 2013 at 6:41 pm

GET A GREAT LAWYER FROM THE NRA AND SUE THE HELL OUT OF THE DOCTORS,VA,AND THE TRAITORS IN THE NAZI BLACKSHIRT SQUAD. CALL OATHKEEPERS IN CONN. ALSO AND IF YOU CAN GO AND SEE THE LOCAL 1% BIKER CLUB LET THEM KNOW THE SIT REP AND THEY WILL PROTECT YOU IF YOU NEED IT.

• B Alan Eisen

March 28, 2013 at 8:05 am

Don’t drag 1% in without their permission.

7. Rattlerjake

March 27, 2013 at 6:51 pm

NEVER AGREE to do anything that the cops want without a warrant!

8. Julian DH

March 28, 2013 at 1:35 am

This is typical anti-firearm tactics. They will do anything, including violate the Constitution, to steal firearms they want to ban. It is disgusting, and the folks associated must be prosecuted for their tactics.

9. ConservativeGrl

March 28, 2013 at 10:02 am

Scary times in the US…

• violater1

March 28, 2013 at 7:01 pm

These are nerve tests in hopes to get over reaction in order that he might test his personal Gestapo Army attack on Americans just as Hitler did to Germany in his early takeover of power!

10. IDdude

March 28, 2013 at 1:14 pm

The Police need to be carefull some vets might not take it as well as he did.They might want to send a message to others who try to break the law and tramp on peoples rights

• leewacker

March 29, 2013 at 12:51 am

Surprising the police officers even followed through, weren’t there any Oath Keepers among them?
      Or, have they all been emasculated to the point they’re scared for their jobs—OR, might their families been threatened by the Federals?
      That seems to be a pet trick of the current administration!

11. Shagnasty1

March 28, 2013 at 4:48 pm

This may be true, I don’t know, and if so I hope this guy sues the hell out of every police officer and especially his VA doctor. Sue the good doctor personally but sue the police department so as the taxpayers are on the hook. They deserve it for voting in the no good liberal politicians like Biden and Dodd that come from their state.

• Terry "OldFox" Seale

March 28, 2013 at 6:38 pm

42 usc 1983: violation of civil rights under color of state law. The remedy includes attorney’s fees to the prevailing party. Expect five years until you win a verdict, overcome their appeal, and get your reward. D

• leewacker

March 29, 2013 at 12:48 am

Sue jointly and severally. Sounds like casting a wide net, but, it works!

12. AfghanVet

March 28, 2013 at 4:50 pm

I’d like to know more before making judgement on the veracity of this story. This is the first I have heard of this story and you’d think that if it is as cut and dried as it purportes, there would be more outcry out there. It would not surprise me in the least if true and accurate but I would like more verified info. If anyone can verify, please post link.

• violater1

March 28, 2013 at 6:58 pm

This my friend is the implimentation of an obama executive order written against vets like yourself to prevent you the well trained from owning a weapon! He has great control over your benifits and is just this devious to take this action to intimidate vets such as yourself!
      By the way thanks very much for your service and oath and welcome back to obamas shiit program for Americas future! But keep in mind he fears all of you Vets for your knowledge and capabilities for what he plans to impliment! Welcome to the obama NWO death of America and all of its Patriots!

13. conservative

March 28, 2013 at 7:15 pm

What was the message on the answering machine. Hard to make a knowledgeable stand when we don’t have all the information.

14. leewacker

March 29, 2013 at 12:46 am

I should think that if those VA people heard most of the phone messages left on our phones (which, by the way, are for OUR convenience, no one else’s!), I think they would be horrified! I used to have one that not only was rude, but very high-handed—supplied by our friendly, neighborhood phone company! One was a real live rant from an elderly lady who didn’t like wrong phone number calls, and said so! The person involved used her rant for years!
    As a person who has had extensive experience with the VA and their medical practices, I think this hospital should be investigated, and right now! Doesn’t look like they’re hiring intelligent people for their switchboard nor for their office help!
    Hope this man can get his problems sorted out, and his guns returned! This was a violation of HIS rights, and must be rectified!

15. Ranchman

March 29, 2013 at 7:57 pm

Although we need full verification on this, I’ve been saying that, if we lat the psy-ops black hats in on the gun control issue, we will ALL be declared insane and lose our firearms. I saw this right up front, without a doubt. Obama and his minions have also placed more ammo purchases, in calibers not required for law enforcement agencies. They’re drying up the supply before he calls for martial law. There ain’t much time left, folks. Something wicked this way comes…quick.

MOLON LABE!
    Remember 1776 & Keep Your Powder Dry!