Connect with us

An Injustice Against our Citizens

2nd Amend.

An Injustice Against our Citizens

Monday, March 4, 2013, was unlike any day I’ve experienced in my 12 years testifying at the Colorado State Capitol. During my tenure, I’ve had numerous opportunities to participate in legislative processes from draft proposal to signature of a bill making it law.

I’ve witnessed many hearings and observed citizens, law enforcement, and special interest groups share opinions on a variety of proposed laws. I’ve witnessed very controversial bills set in a process to allow full access from supporters, opponents, and citizens to be heard by their legislators. On numerous occasions, bills similar in nature were set for hearing on different days to ensure opportunity for anyone to participate in the deliberative process. On Monday, this didn’t occur. Instead, gun bills were simultaneously scheduled and of 25 plus sheriffs, only one could testify per bill. Hearings were split so bills heard simultaneously were on different floors, even though all were heard by senate committees. Rules for testimony changed three times from Thursday afternoon through Monday at 10:30 am, when hearings began.

Historically, any citizen would be allowed to speak if they arrived at the Capitol early and signed up on testimony records. Although sign up sheets were in place and citizens including myself signed up, we were completely disregarded. Minutes after I signed up to testify, I learned a different process would be utilized and testimony was based on three categories: experts, preferred witnesses, and public witnesses.



Sign up for our daily email and get the stories everyone is talking about.

Continue Reading
You may also like...


  1. spyderdalton

    March 13, 2013 at 5:10 pm

    The 2nd amendment is the civil rights issue of our times. Self defense should be a right in any civilized society.
    Decent law abiding citizens are being attcked as though they are criminals presumed dangerous without due process. This is the end of America as we once knew her.

    • Walter Jenisch

      March 15, 2013 at 4:43 pm

      not if we the people take a stand!!!!!we cant give up ..that’s what dems want…

  2. turfbarn80

    March 13, 2013 at 6:07 pm

    Sounds like how they run hearings in Oregon. Two weeks ago I arrived early to sign the first sheet to speak against a bill for in-state tuition for illegal aliens. But I was never called. Instead, a long line of illegal aliens in their high school graduation robes sat and gave tearful testimony with no time limit about how they want a college discount at my expense . . . the lady who wasn’t allowed to speak. This is all liberal government at its worst.

    • spyderdalton

      March 13, 2013 at 6:59 pm

      They do the same thing on the gun hearings… no one that was saved because they had a gun, only parents crying about their kids killed in gun free zones where had someone been there with a gun their kids might be alive. The kid’s parents that lost their children and wished there was a gun there to protect them aren’t allowed to speak. Statistics and facts are omitted to strengthen their communist agenda

      • turfbarn80

        March 14, 2013 at 12:18 am

        I’m so sorry. Citizen voices seem to matter less all the time.

  3. jong

    March 13, 2013 at 6:55 pm

    Lived in Denver and found that the crime was run by 80% of the police. They and the politicians are hand in hand with each other literally in running crime in that city. The other 20% were Christians that wondered what the hell was going on. For them no one allowed to speak against the liberal agenda is nothing new just business as usual. It needs to be cleaned up just like other major cities in the US.

  4. GB.

    March 18, 2013 at 5:29 pm

    The way to handle this is to make a list of these people. They have to be elected again, sorry Charlie.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in 2nd Amend.



Sign up for our daily email and get the stories everyone is talking about.

To Top
Don't miss a thing. Sign up for our email newsletter to become a Patriot Outdoor News insider.

Send this to friend