Walmart Responds to ‘Suspends Ammo’ story

Walmart Responds to ‘Suspends Ammo’ story

The blogosphere has exploded with outrage in response to news that Walmart is suspending ammunition sales in anticipation of the Obama administration’s gun-control recommendations to Congress – but the retail giant tells WND the reports aren’t true.

“That information is inaccurate,” said Ashley Hardie, a spokeswoman located at Walmart’s corporate headquarters in Bentonville, Ark.

WND then asked whether the retail chain is cutting back on orders of ammunition.

“No,” Hardie said. “We’re continuing to serve our customers as we have in the past.”

She said Walmart’s ammunition sales policy has not changed, even amid talk of gun-control legislation in Washington, D.C.

1. legal61

January 15, 2013 at 4:39 pm

So somebody lied to us again in the media….get a rope.

• $26222150

January 15, 2013 at 6:39 pm

The unions? Because Walmart won’t play ball?

2. not as stupid as you!

January 15, 2013 at 5:34 pm

tried to tell you morons to ck. it out before flapping your gums, now how stupid do you feel?????? where’s all your comments now, and the prices are still lower than any gun show, not taking up for wal mart, just letting you morons know how stupid you are and will believe anything you read without checking it out first, see if you can wash YOUR sign off your forehead _I,,, LMAOAY

• sn

January 15, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Let’s see if their stock of ammo stays the same of goes to ZERO! I like skeet shooting and target practice. Let’s see if shotgun shells and bullets disappear from their sporting goods section…..

• Rattlerjake

January 16, 2013 at 12:02 am

Reality is that they will not be able to keep ammo stocked because it continues to fly off the shelves. First come first served.

• dean29685

January 18, 2013 at 5:47 pm

I just checked yesterday no ammo but guns they have.

3. Pilgrim

January 15, 2013 at 5:55 pm

What ever !!!!!! :~{

4. TXProud

January 16, 2013 at 8:48 am

Sorry but the media mouthpiece for WalMart is lying which has me even more concerned…Went in to WalMart yesterday and bought what little ammo was left. The dept supervisor said the day before (Mon 1/14) they had received an internal communication from headquarters instructing them not to order any more ammo until further notice. This was not rumor…this was the communication to the employee that is responsible for that stock. Best case, there is such a run, that they are handling restocks centrally; worse case is they are taking a wait and see approach. Either way…why would the mouthpiece lie?!?

• Steven

January 18, 2013 at 8:38 pm

The memo DOES NOT EXIST. Wal-mart would not bother writing such a memo when it is MUCH easier to simply suspend any orders and claim lack of supply. Either you were LIED to, or the person misunderstood a memo stating supplies would be delayed until further notice.

• Marcus Antonius

January 18, 2013 at 8:45 pm

Your full of crap.

5. dean29685

January 18, 2013 at 5:46 pm

There is no ammo at my walmart and has been none for 2 months so if they have not changed were is it

• disgusted demacrat

January 18, 2013 at 7:13 pm

Checked our local wal mart, very slim pickins in the ammo dept?

• Marcus Antonius

January 18, 2013 at 8:46 pm

But still pickens

6. GUEST

January 18, 2013 at 6:30 pm

NO ammo because the GOVERNMENT UNDER Obama BUYS IT UP as fast as its manufactured in this case GOVERNMENT always gets serviced FIRST Tried buying any ammo on line lately, all on back order even the little 22 mini mag is on back order, and you can forget about all them bad 20 & 30 round magazines, they have over 1 million and counting on back order so good luck in getting your hands on one of them YOU see I thought some one was just blowing smoke when I was told that you can’t even get any ammo online so I went online sure enough WASN’T blowing smoke after all THEN again it wasn’t CHEAPER THEN DIRT EITHER I heard there is now a huge boycott on them going on for not selling the AR-15 anymore

• Marcus Antonius

January 18, 2013 at 8:44 pm

NOT True!!!! I received 2 30 round mags,223, from a manufacturer today that I ordered near the end of Dec. 3 weeks including ship time. I received 2, 14 round .45 mags in even less time from a very large handgun and rifle manufacturer last week orderered on the same day.

7. DenverKitty

January 18, 2013 at 11:11 pm

Okay, Ms. Hardie, then why are even Walmart employees telling us that there is a SHIPPING HOLD on ammo and guns?!?!?! p.s. I have not walked through Walmart doors since Walmart seems to be in Obama’s back pocket. Let the illegal Mexicans support your company.

8. foxxybey

January 19, 2013 at 1:45 am

Unions are a commie idea, I know belonged to many and always protected anyone who screwed the company or broke the rules, nothing for those with honor who showed up and did their job right everyday. The government unions need to go and private unions have destroyed more jobs then anyone in the last 60 or more years, if they keep getting stronger this country is toast, and anyone of you bad butts want to get me? Bring it on and I’ll send you to your maker in a second. I belong to the VFW and the commander worked for me at the railroad, couldn’t stand the fact I make them work using their rules so now he attacks me at the VFW and when I ask him to go outside, he is a coward SOB and hides.

9. Kathy Fugitt Price Skaggs

January 19, 2013 at 5:19 pm

Their policy may not have changed but I was told that the warehouse doesn’t have any amunition. So if the warehouse is out then they can’t fill any of the orders. It is the same thing and they are not selling any ammo. Wal mart is lying.

10. lonesirvyvor

January 19, 2013 at 10:21 pm

i HAVE INFORMED ALL OF THE LOCAL WALMARTS IN MY AREA THAT “WE ARE BOYCOTTING WALMART UNTIL THE SALE OF AMMUNITION HAS RETURNED TO ITS USUAL ROBUST EXCHANGE “. . . .

11. gypsy314

January 22, 2013 at 10:37 am

If walmart sides with Obama gun controls scams I will not spend another dime with them.

12. Robby777

January 28, 2013 at 2:36 am

Was Sandy Hook Disaster really a gov’t backed hoax? Seems to be too many loose ends. The gov’t, is tidying those up now. Review of newscasts show inconsistencies. normal protocols not followed. No follow up by news.Many unusual actions… Needs a congressional investigation with a special prosecutor!!!