Can you Pull The Trigger and Take a Life?

Can you Pull The Trigger and Take a Life?

MrColionNoir takes a moment to discuss the somber concept of taking another human life in self defense and whether any of us can be prepared for that.

1. waterman

November 24, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Good video, it is the first thing that someone should think about…before….. carrying a concealed firearm.
    I was in law enforcement for 5 years and we had to qualify every year in order to continue to work on the streets. I am no longer in law enforcement, but I do have a concealed carry permit and I have often thought about whether or not I could pull the trigger and take a life. It wasn’t till I have come in contact with the “troubled” public that I realized that there may actually come a day that I may have to defend myself or not go home. And it wasn’t just defending myself, but also my partner or the innocent public that helped make the decision a little easier.
    But, I still wonder that when it actully presents itself and I am standing there face to face with someone that is desperate and wants nothing more than to kill or mame and get out ot there, then I believe that I would be able to pull the trigger.
    But, it is not something that I would ever want to do. God forbid, that I would ever take a life.
    And God knows my heart and He knows that I would not intentionally take a life just for the taking.
    I am a lover of the Lord, family and my fellow man and life is to be cherished.
    Now, it would be nice if everyone thought this way, then maybe we would never have to deal with this type of situation.

• Berzrkr

November 26, 2012 at 4:53 pm

I too am from LA and carry a .357 for defensive purposes. I absolutely hate the idea of carrying illegally but with the anal attitudes in California towards firearms I find myself between a rock and a hard place. Be careful out there John and stay safe!

2. CaptTurbo

November 26, 2012 at 4:01 pm

It would not be with pleasure but if I am forced to do so I will try to make sure that it’s the bad guy going down rather then myself or other innocents around me.

3. Debra S.

November 26, 2012 at 4:14 pm

If ANYONE makes me think they are going to rape me, kill me OR my children- I WILL SHOOT THEM. As God is my witness I will.

4. Berzrkr

November 26, 2012 at 4:56 pm

I’ve thought long and hard about this very topic and have concluded that I’d rather be caught with a gun than without one when I really needed it. And the person that threatened me or my family with physical harm had better make sure he had all of his life insurance premiums paid in full, because he’s going down. End of story!

• reggiec

November 28, 2012 at 4:52 pm

As a 28 year retired Los Angeles County Sheriff Sgt; I have a very simple rule of life. I will never intentionally harm another human physically, emotionally or financially with one exception. If me or mine are threatened or harmed; my God have mercy on the perp, because I will not!

5. xyz

November 28, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Having been shot in a home invasion in the 90’s, I would not have any problem pulling the trigger. I know that it would remain in my memory for a long time, perhaps life as I remember that day in 95 like it was yesterday.

6. LonesomeK

March 19, 2013 at 6:52 pm

I wouldn’t lose a minutes sleep, shooting some thug gangsta coming after me or mine. I would celebrate the fact that I was armed and able to take out the trash before” IT “harmed someone else.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA AND THE CONSTITUTION!!