The eastern brown snake is the second most deadly snake in the world, and the deadliest in Australia.
Check it out:
Rod Sommerville, 54, made a very interesting decision after being bitten by a deadly eastern brown snake in Queensland, Australia. Somerville hit the snake on the head, killing it, called the ambulance and grabbed a beer from the fridge.
He said that he knows panic makes situations of this sort worse, so he decided to remain calm, reports the New Zealand Herald. He explained, “I said to myself, if I’m going to cark it (die) I’m going to have a beer, so I got a Goldie (XXXX Gold) out of the fridge and drank that.”
While it seemed he was in the clear after being transported to the hospital, he suffered an allergic reaction to the antivenom and spent four days in intensive care. Although no longer in critical condition, he has still not been released three weeks after the fact.